12.01.2012

Recipe: MMM...Minestrone



I wrote a few weeks back about how I got suckered into buying one those recipe magazines and have devoted myself to cooking at least one recipe a week. Since I'm down one crew member cooking onboard is a little less of a priority. (Gia and I eat like birds!) Last week though, we had a guest for dinner and I took the opportunity to create "unlimited soup salad and bread sticks" night borrowing the idea from one of our favorite chain restaurants, Olive Garden. No one left hungry and there were even some leftovers! It was definitely a hit!

So we kicked off this "winter" with Felicity's Slow Cooker Recipe Write Ups with Easy Ropa Vieja Stew and today it's mmm good Easy Minestrone Soup! This is just another one of those recipes that does all the hard work while your at work/school (bonus) but YOU look like a rock star because it tastes amazing!!

Easy Minestrone Soup

1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1/2" cubes
1 can diced tomatoes and juice
1 medium onion chopped
2 tbls dried parsley
2 1/2 tsp salt (optional)(to taste)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons ground thyme
1 beef bouillon cube
6 cups of water
1 medium zucchini, halved & thinly sliced
2 cups chopped cabbage 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed & drained
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup elbow macaroni


Put these ingredients in first, cover and quick on low for 8 - 10 hours until meat is tender.
Add zucchini, cabbage, beans and macaroni 30 - 45 minutes before your ready to serve, cook on high until macaroni and veggies are tender!
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with YOUR favorite salad and bread or choice and voila!

Enjoy and happy cooking!!

*For more Easy Recipes, click here.
**Also check out our ridiculously easy recipes from our old Sailing Blog here.

No comments: