8.02.2013

An Update from GR: AKA Captain/Engineer of Felicity

*It is a very rare day when GR feels the need to post, so enjoy it folks!

Update!!

Coming up on 2 years living aboard/owning Felicity. It's been a long road.

We started with the fuel system. We ran all new fuel lines and built a fuel manifold allowing us to transfer fuel from tank to tank, prime the engines and filter fuel while sitting at the dock.


Name:  PART_1374935188147.jpeg
Views: 94
Size:  9.4 KB

We have been working on soft decks and painting (Awl-grip) from the top of the fly-bridge to the rub rail. I am pleased to say we will be done on or before Wednesday July 31st 2013. 21 HARD weeks and almost double what I thought the cost would be but she is looking GREAT!! I am very pleased with the outcome. During the paint work we decided to remove the rotten fashion plates at this time to keep the project moving along. In the future we will create new ones and re-install.


Name:  PART_1374935210780.jpeg
Views: 94
Size:  7.5 KB

We decided to eliminate the half missing bow pulpit. We bought a really nice Anchorlift bow roller. The fiberglass guys built a nice platform for it to sit on, I will post picks when completed.


New dinghy; Livingston 12T and a Yamaha 20.


The forward salon A/C needed a new fan motor so that was an easy and inexpensive repair.

As mentioned in other posts the generator ended up being more problem then it was worth. We removed the old generator and have cleaned and painted the generator room. I have not decided what will go back in yet but it's a work in progress.


Bottom job scheduled for mid Sept.,2013. Probably blast the bottom down, check cutlass bearings, props, shafts, rudders, new trim tab actuators. (new 24v hydraulic pump already in). We would like to build a new swim-platform, extend it a bit further back.


Removed the tile from all three head floors. Fixed/re-built the floor hatch in the guest head and installed a rubber (teak and holly) floor made by LONSEAL. Painted the rooms and completely Awl-gripped the shower stall.


I have asked a lot of questions and looked through posts here and other forums regarding a DC conversion from 32 volts to 24 volt. I have been back and forth with the idea of a partial conversion, full conversion. I decided to go all 24 volts with the exception of a few 12volt items like electronics etc., which will come from a DC to DC converter. I feel like our options so much better. We installed Raritan Atlantes Freedom with Vortex Vac Heads. They are amazingly quite and powerful.



We have scrubbed and painted nearly all the bilge areas, added a new water heater, new water pump (headhunter Mach 5), ALL new plumbing, built a work bench in the STBD engine room.


We have a long ways to go and it's been tough and very expensive but she is starting to come together. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't change a thing. 




(I, Jessica, took this update from the Hatteras Owner's Forum. GR likes to post there and get feedback from other Hatt Lover's. They are an invaluable source of information and opinions, check them out!) 

 

1 comment:

jane morejoy said...

"I wouldn't change a thing"... but it sounds like you changed a LOT of things.... :)