3.29.2012

Stopping to make our mark

Gia is growing so fast...


The saying goes, "growing like a weed" but I venture to say Gia is growing "like a tree", strong and tall! We walk past this park everyday in a bit of a hurry on our way to get home and throw down our bags and our cares from the day . Yesterday, something inside me made me just stop and throw my bag down right there at the park. "Let's just hang here," I said.

We sat in the park and chatted about the events of the day. We reflected on the way time flies and the beautiful sea grape tree leaves that surrounded us. We talked about what it must be like to be a tree, having seen so much change happen around you. At that, I told Gia how much I loved her and that many things in life will change but that will not. In this crazy, busy, uncertain life we lead our impact on the world around us is like that of falling leaves. Someone will see the leaves we have left behind and gauge who we are as a person by them. What kind of leaves are we leaving behind?



We decided to make our mark on some ofthe leaves that surrounded us. Gia took a moment to leave her mark on some leaves.

2 comments:

Kim Hess said...

I love you all! What an inspiration to the world... keep up the good work baby! muah!

tammy kennon said...

This is beautiful. We thought of Gia today when we walked through the leaves. <3